‘Starring Adam West’ Documentary Project

Who thinks Adam West deserves a star?  We do!

‘Starring Adam West’ is an ongoing fan-funded documentary project and fan community experiment with the goal of “finally getting Adam West a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.”  The idea is to kick-start a fan-supported campaign to convince the Hollywood chamber of commerce to give Adam a star, and document the journey on film.  It’s a story that we all hope will have a happy ending…but it needs your help!

The film is being funded through contributions of any size raised on the website Kickstarter.  The larger the donation, the bigger the reward – all the way up to an Associate Producer credit and on-screen cameo in the credits.  The movement has already begun, but its future remains to be written…by you!

Hollywood justice for the Caped Crusader!  Watch the film trailer and help support the cause by clicking here or on the banner at the top!

Tags: , , , ,

12 Responses to “‘Starring Adam West’ Documentary Project”

1. erik rockafella February 25, 2011 at 7:31 pm #

yES ADAM WEST deserveS his star.

2. Paul Breslin February 27, 2011 at 9:24 am #

Hell yea , he deserves it.

3. Mary Bennion March 5, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

Dear Adam,

I think you may have bought our dinner a few weeks back at a restaurant in Tampa. Our four year old son, also named Adam, is your greatest fan. We went to the International Mall, and Adam was wearing his favorite outfit, a Batman shirt with attached cape, of course. During dinner, he was reading his superhero books. An anonymous neighbor bought our dinner. It was only after leaving, that I realized the nice couple seated next to us, and the dashing man in the double breasted blue blazer may have been you. Our apologies for not thanking you in person, I was busy helping our little super hero, his older sister and her friend through their dinner. Our Adam watches all of your original Batman shows – we all enjoy them. He calls his father, “Robin, his trusty sidekick :)”. Thank you again, and we appreciate all you have done.

With Appreciation,

Mary, Steve, Allie and Adam Bennion (Tampa, FL)

4. bingo March 8, 2011 at 7:10 am #

Adam West was the quintessential Batman. I love his wit and deadpan delivery along with his heroic bearing. He was the PERFECT tv/comic book hero. YES, HE DESERVES HIS STAR!!!!

5. Bobbi Lynn Cory March 10, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

Mr. West has been my childhood hero since I was seven years old, but he has far more credits to his name besides Batman. Most recently he is Mayor Adam West in Family Guy, winning over a new generation of fans. He has been in the business for over 50 years. Doesn’t this say something regarding his career? Most are out there for a time but then just fade away. Mr. West never gave up and kept pushing on toward the prize. He always kept working. To me that says a lot about his integrity. I know that he has expressed that his regard from his family, friends and fans means more to him than a star on some sidewalk. Well to us fans he is the one right now who truly deserves it in my opinion. One day it’s going to happen . There will be a star in Hollywood that bears his name.

6. John Barrett March 10, 2011 at 11:53 pm #

Adam’s Batman was the first hero I had in my life… I would race home each afternoon after school to watch the episodes which were in re-runs at that point in the early 70′s on our local UHF station. Adam was probably the first hero of a lot more people, too.
    He’s also a tv icon. Why he doesn’t have a star already is a mystery. That needs to be taken care of some time soon.

…I also received my signed, personalized photo from you last week, Adam. Thank you very much. It brightened my day. I hope I can meet you in person in the near future. Best wishes to you and yours.

7. Daniel Cowdery March 16, 2011 at 1:20 am #

Thank you Mr. West for bringing such joy into the lives of me, my son, and wife. You have blessed us with your talent. We look forward to our weeknights watching you save Gotham City once again. You helped shape a young boy, teaching right from wrong. Because of this, that youngster would grow up to serve his country, join the police force, and honor your teachings. Thank you again for all that you have given to all of us, and me personally. God bless you, Mr. West!

Concerning the star in Hollywood…As one of our greatest national treasures, it is an honor LONG overdue.

8. Lance Taylor March 25, 2011 at 6:07 am #

#AdamWeStar or #AdamWestStar – Let’s make it happen!

9. JP Berube April 4, 2011 at 12:03 am #

Hell yea Adam deserves a star. Adam West is an icon; a legend; a hero. A lot of kids; including myself, grew up wanting to be Batman. No matter how many Batman movies are created, Adam West will always be the real Batman to me.

10. David Dalton June 10, 2011 at 10:37 pm #

i’m a very big fan of your and you will alway be the real batman

11. Patrick Diegelman July 25, 2011 at 8:43 pm #

Dear Mr West,
    I was also one of your adoring fans when I was a kid and definitely agree you deserve a star. I actually had the chance to wait on you in a nice italian restaurant next to the Santa Monica Pier, about 12 years ago. When I noticed it was you, I asked to take care of your table, and kind of listened in as you joked and laughed with your guests through the meal. You had such a genuine affability about you that definitely carried to your guests. At the end of the meal, I said good night, and mentioned that I had always been a big fan of the Batman series, and watched it religiously as a kid never missing an episode. Without missing a beat, you quipped,”I’m Sorry” with a tongue in cheek apologetic tone, sending us all into hysterics. I appreciate that to this day, still gives me a great laugh, and great story about you and waiting on celebrities to tell my staff. Thanks for having a great sense of humor.

12. Fred H. August 30, 2011 at 6:50 pm #

Thanks for posting this. I was talking to someone the other day about this, who didn’t get it.